In Fall 2018, the English Department is rolling out a new concentration in Writing, Rhetoric, and Publication.
The program has three signatures which I’ll discuss here as commitments:
- a commitment to preparing concentrators to write in and for the public
- a commitment to preparing concentrators to write in print and digital media
- a commitment to the liberal arts tradition of forging new futures through writing and publishing, through reading and interpreting
To that end the English Department is offering 4 new courses in the WRP concentration in Fall 2018:
- Chris Warnick will offer the introductory course, ENGL 225: Intro to Writing Studies, wherein students will have the opportunity to research writing as both process–how it’s made–and as product–what it does. A draft of a syllabus is available here.
- Bonnie Devet will offer a section of ENGL 334: Technical Writing in which students will gain experience writing and editing workplace genres.
- Jacob Craig will offer a newly-minted course, ENGL 369: Writing for the Web. This section will be focused on digital storytelling–more info on the flyer to the right.
- And the Poet Laureate of South Carolina, Marjory Wentworth, will be offering a special topics course ENGL 366: Writing for Social Justice, a course informed, in part, by her co-authored book We Are Charleston.
More information about WRP to follow in the coming weeks. That info will be posted to the WRP blog AT blogs.cofc.edu/wrp. Should you want to talk about this course or WRP, contact me at craig AT cofc DOT edu